Think Before You Ink!
What is this?
University resources such as computers, printers, classroom technology, email, networking and Internet access are available to students for educational purposes. Student technology fees help offset some of the costs for these resources. PaperCut™ allows you to monitor your printing activity each time you log into a computer in the areas listed below.
- PaperCut™ counts down from 1,200 the number of pages you print each semester. That's more than two reams (500-sheet package) of paper! If you print on both sides of the page (duplex) that equals 2,400 pages each semester (nearly five reams).
- Pages printed are tracked for you in these areas on campus. More areas will be added in the future.
- Lybyer Open Lab
- Garnett Library Lab
- Click on the "Details" link or visit: http://calliope.missouristate.edu:9191/app and use your BearPass Login to see a summary of your printing activity including its environmental impact.
- You'll receive an email notification when your number of pages available hits 100. Should you have difficulty printing, please check your printing activity by clicking on the "Details" link or go to http://calliope.missouristate.edu:9191/app or check your University email account for information.
- If your number of pages falls below 100 and you need additional printing for classes you are taking, contact the Help Desk* in the Lybyer Open Lab. The Help Desk staff will be able to increase your number of pages immediately during the hours listed at the bottom of this page.
Three ways to reduce printing:
- Be selective about what you print: read or save the document digitally and avoid printing altogether or print only the specific page(s) you need.
- Print on both sides of the pages (duplex).
- Print multiple PowerPoint slides per page.
Please do your part to eliminate waste, protect the environment and manage printing costs by monitoring your printing activity.
* Lybyer Open Lab hours (All hours are staffed)
- Monday-Thursday - 7:00 AM-10:00 PM
- Friday - 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Saturday - 9:00 AM-5:00 PM